Re: [HACKERS] [PROPOSAL] Temporal query processing with range types

От Peter Moser
Тема Re: [HACKERS] [PROPOSAL] Temporal query processing with range types
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On Sat, 2018-01-06 at 20:29 +0000, Simon Riggs wrote:
> * various PostJoinSetProjection() functions to be called as needed
> So the idea is we enable Postgres to allow major new functionality,
> as was done for PostGIS so successfully.

If we use a post-join approach many intermediate result tuples, that do
not contribute to the final result would be emmitted, and thus the
performance would suffer.

Best regards,
Anton, Johann, Michael, Peter

Сообщение: Re: [HACKERS] [PROPOSAL] Temporal query processing with range types
Сообщение: Re: [HACKERS] [PROPOSAL] Temporal query processing with range types