Re: [pgsql-advocacy] [translators] [press-regional] 9.6 Release Translations

От Gabriele Bartolini
Тема Re: [pgsql-advocacy] [translators] [press-regional] 9.6 Release Translations
Дата
Список pgsql-www
Hi Magnus,

  that could be the case, but I am usually quite demanding when it comes to localisation (I would not have realised this in the first place). Given that 9.5 was released in January (when my daughter was born), I might not have been fully very attentive and responsive. But as far as 9.4 is concerned, I am pretty sure I tested it.

  In any case it is not important. What's important is to find an easy way for non English speaking people to read the press release. Let's decide a way and move on.

Thanks,
Gabriele

--
 Gabriele Bartolini - 2ndQuadrant Italia - Director
 gabriele.bartolini@2ndQuadrant.it | www.2ndQuadrant.it

On Thu, Sep 29, 2016 at 7:11 PM, Josh berkus <josh@postgresql.org> wrote:
On 09/29/2016 10:07 AM, Alvaro Herrera wrote:
> Alvaro Herrera wrote:
>> Euler Taveira wrote:
>>>>
>>> If you go About > Press, you see all translation links available. I
>>> agree with you that a link inside every translated press would be good.
>
> I previously said:
>  I think the only reasonable option is that the pgweb code fills in the
>  list of available translations in front of each one, based on the files
>  that exist in the server.  Perhaps the way to do this would be to put
>  the translations in the database; that would also make it easier to add
>  new translations as they arrive.
>
>  Obviously, it's not something that's to happen for 9.6, but if someone
>  is willing to hack pgweb for pg10 ...
>
> One more thing I just noticed.  If you go to the front page, the
> featured content box has links to the announcement, but it is not
> possible to get to the translated release kits, nor there is any
> indication that they exist at all.  I don't think this has been properly
> considered.

I was operating under the assumption that the translationed versions
showed up automatically, as they did on the old website code.  I wasn't
aware that they didn't, anymore.  In 4 years (or more)?  this is the
first time anyone has brought it up.

I think you actually have to go back two generations of the website code for that. Which is definitely more than 4 years..

--

В списке pgsql-www по дате отправления:

Сообщение: Re: [pgsql-advocacy] [translators] [press-regional] 9.6 Release Translations
Сообщение: Re: [pgsql-advocacy] [translators] [press-regional] 9.6 Release Translations