Re: [RFC] Incremental backup v2: add backup profile to base backup

От Gabriele Bartolini
Тема Re: [RFC] Incremental backup v2: add backup profile to base backup
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
Hello,

I agree that a full backup does not need to include a profile.

I've added the option to require the profile even for a full backup, as
it can be useful for backup softwares. We could remove the option and
build the profile only during incremental backups, if required. However,
I would avoid the needing to scan the whole backup to know the size of
the recovered data directory, hence the backup profile.

I really like this approach.

I think we should leave users the ability to ship a profile file even in case of full backup (by default disabled).

Thanks,
Gabriele

Сообщение: Re: [RFC] Incremental backup v2: add backup profile to base backup
Сообщение: Re: [RFC] Incremental backup v2: add backup profile to base backup