Re: Need a "What's New in 9.4 Wiki Page"

От Gabriele Bartolini
Тема Re: Need a "What's New in 9.4 Wiki Page"
Дата
Re: Need a "What's New in 9.4 Wiki Page"  (Sameer Kumar <sameer.kumar@ashnik.com>)
Список pgsql-advocacy
Hi guys,

  as devops practitioner, I have been trying to classify the new
features in two categories, Devs and Ops (which most of them falling
in both worlds, I am just picking up the predominant category). Let me
know if you like it. I can definitely work on the wiki. Here is a
possible draft (I am using the commit title, every item should be
rephrased).

Devs

* Improvements to JSON (jsonb, new json functions)
* REFRESH MATERIALIZED VIEW CONCURRENTLY
* ALTER TABLE ... ALTER CONSTRAINT for FKs
* WITH CHECK OPTION support for auto-updatable VIEWs
* Support multi-argument UNNEST(), and TABLE() syntax for multiple functions
* Support ordered-set (WITHIN GROUP) aggregates
* Add SQL Standard WITH ORDINALITY support for UNNEST (and any other SRF)
* Implement the FILTER clause for aggregate function calls
* Provide moving-aggregate support for a bunch of numerical aggregates
* Include planning time in EXPLAIN ANALYZE output
* Improve EXPLAIN to print the grouping columns in Agg and Group nodes
* Constructors for interval, timestamp, timestamptz
* psql: Make \pset without arguments show all settings
* Add tab completion for \pset in psql
* Add support for wrapping to psql's "extended" mode
* PL/Perl: Add event trigger support

Ops

* Introduce replication slots
* Logical decoding
** Add new wal_level, logical, sufficient for logical decoding.
** Introduce logical decoding.
* pg_prewarm, a contrib module for prewarming relationd data.
* Add CREATE TABLESPACE ... WITH ... Options
* Add ALTER TABLESPACE ... MOVE command
* Add pg_stat_archiver statistics view.
* pg_basebackup: Add support for relocating tablespaces
* Allow BASE_BACKUP to be throttled
* Add recovery_target='immediate' option
* Allow time delayed standbys and recovery
* Add ALTER SYSTEM command to edit the server configuration file
* auto_explain: Add logging of trigger execution

  Any thoughts?

Ciao,
Gabriele
--