Question about copy from with timestamp format

От Murali M
Тема Question about copy from with timestamp format
Дата
Список pgsql-general
Hi,

I wanted to copy a file from local file system to postgres. I have timestamp value specified as:
YYYYMMDDHH24 format -- for example:
2015072913 -- is July 29, 2015 at 13:00

how do I import this data into a timestamp field?

thanks, murali.

PS: I believe if I need the hour, I need to use timestamp (I do not want to put the hour as a separate column). I believe date datatype does not work, if I am right??