Runaway Initial Table Syncs in Logical Replication?

От Don Seiler
Тема Runaway Initial Table Syncs in Logical Replication?
Дата
Список pgsql-general
Logical Rep question. Publisher is PG12 on Ubuntu 18.04, subscriber is PG15 on Ubuntu 22.04.

I bumped up some values to see how initial load times change. I set max_logical_replication_workers to 20 and max_sync_workers_per_subscription to 4. I’m using 3 subscriptions, 2 of the subscriptions have 3 tables each, the other has a lot more, say 100 for the sake of example.What we noticed was that the subscriber basically maxed out the wal senders and replication slots on the publisher side, even when the publisher settings were bumped up to 50 each. 3 replication slots were for the 3 subs and the rest (47) were sync workers. Was creating a sync worker for each table right away, or at least trying to? The subscriber side was still complaining that it couldn’t create more replication slots on the publisher.

I was expecting to see max_sync_workers_per_subscription (4) x # of subs (3) = 12 sync workers in action so this was a big surprise. Is this expected behavior?

--
Don Seiler
www.seiler.us

Сообщение: Aw: Re: question on auto_explain
Сообщение: Aw: Re: question on auto_explain