Re: PostgreSQL 9.2.4 using large amount of memory

От Bhushan Pathak
Тема Re: PostgreSQL 9.2.4 using large amount of memory
Дата
Список pgsql-general
Bruce -
Will go through the blog posts. Thanks for the info.

Raghav -
I have not executed analyze after the upgrade.

-- Bhushan

On Wed, Jan 29, 2014 at 7:49 AM, Raghavendra <raghavendra.rao@enterprisedb.com> wrote:

Thanks

On 27 Jan 2014 22:35, "Bhushan Pathak" <bhushan.pathak02@gmail.com> wrote:

> Hello,
>
> We have recently shifted to postgresql version 9.2.4 from 9.1.3. After the migration, we observed that some of our delete queries on single table [which have triggers, which in turn call other functions] have started consuming large amounts of memory.
>
> In 9.1.3, this usage was upto 25MB with the same load on the same server. With 9.2.4 it has jumped upto ~580 MB. We are monitoring the RES column from top output to get the memory usage.
>
> Our migration method from 9.1.3 to 9.2.4 was take a dump, un-install 9.1.3, install 9.2.4 & restore the dump.
>
> I also went through the thread -
> http://postgresql.1045698.n5.nabble.com/Memory-usage-after-upgrade-to-9-2-4-td5752733.html
>
> In the thread in the end it is mentioned that there was some data corruption & points to 9.1.6 release notes. I went through the release notes & only thing of note that I found was the re-indexing or performing vacuum operation in case of in-place upgrade, which is not the case for me.
>
> Any help/pointers in debugging would be helpful.
>
> Thanks
> Bhushan

Just wanted to know, after upgrade as a part of process have you performed ANALYZE on the database. I agree this might not relate to the question but am curious to know this issue raised after proper upgrade method.

--Raghav

Сообщение: Re: Re: PostgreSQL specific datatypes very confusing for beginners who use wrappers around JDBC
Сообщение: Re: Re: PostgreSQL specific datatypes very confusing for beginners who use wrappers around JDBC