Re: Remove Deprecated Exclusive Backup Mode

От Fujii Masao
Тема Re: Remove Deprecated Exclusive Backup Mode
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On Tue, Nov 27, 2018 at 12:13 PM David Steele <david@pgmasters.net> wrote:

> Hackers,
>
> I propose we remove the deprecated exclusive backup mode of
> pg_start_backup()/pg_stop_backup() for Postgres 12.

-1 for the removal. I think that there are still many users of an exclusive
backup API, and it's not so easy to migrate their backup scripts so that
only non-exclusive one is used because of the reason I wrote in another thread.
https://postgr.es/m/CAHGQGwHUkEbkVexVfWNLjmq2rzOS_SHYMiECt+KBn-cBPq5Arg@mail.gmail.com

Regards,

--
Fujii Masao