Re: Patch: doc for pg_logical_emit_message()

От Fujii Masao
Тема Re: Patch: doc for pg_logical_emit_message()
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On Fri, Apr 19, 2019 at 3:21 PM Matsumura, Ryo
<matsumura.ryo@jp.fujitsu.com> wrote:

> Hi, Hackers
>
> pg_logical_emit_message() can be used by any user,
> but the following document says that it can be used by only superuser.
>
> > Table 9.88. Replication SQL Functions
> > Use of these functions is restricted to superusers.
>
> I think that pg_logicl_emit_message() should be used by any user.
> Therefore, I attach the document patch.

Thanks for the patch!

Use of not only pg_logical_emit_message() but also other replication
functions in Table 9.88 is not restricted to superuser. For example,
replication role can execute pg_create_physical_replication_slot().
So I think that the patch should fix also the description for those
replication functions. Thought?

Regards,

--
Fujii Masao