Re: pageinspect forks

От Fujii Masao
Тема Re: pageinspect forks
Дата
Список pgsql-docs
On Wed, Jul 30, 2014 at 9:11 PM, Vik Fearing <vik.fearing@dalibo.com> wrote:
> I noticed that the documentation for pageinspect lists the different
> forks but omits the initialization fork.
>
> Here is a trivial patch to fix that.

ISTM that this fix needs to back-patched to 9.1 where
the initialization fork was introduced.

I found that the document of pg_relation_size() had
the same problem and it has been fixed recently by
2d00190495b22e0d0ba351b2cda9c95fb2e3d083,
but it has not been back-patched to 9.1, 9.2 and 9.3.
I think that we should back-patch that to those versions.

That commit also fixed the HINT message
"HINT:  Valid fork names are "main", "fsm", and "vm".",
so that the initialization fork is included in that message.
This also needs to be back-patched to those versions.

Regards,

--
Fujii Masao