Re: Enforcing that all WAL has been replayed after restoring from backup

От Fujii Masao
Тема Re: Enforcing that all WAL has been replayed after restoring from backup
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On Thu, Aug 11, 2011 at 1:34 AM, Heikki Linnakangas
> Hmm, that's not possible for the 'tar' output, but would work for 'dir'
> output. Another similar idea would be to withhold the control file in memory
> until the end of backup, and append it to the output as last. The backup
> can't be restored until the control file is written out.
>
> That won't protect from more complicated scenarios, like if you take the
> backup without the -x flag, and copy some but not all of the required WAL
> files manually to the pg_xlog directory. But it'd be much better than
> nothing for 9.1.

We need to skip checking whether we've reached the end backup location
only when the server crashes while base backup using pg_start_backup. Right?
We can do this by *not* initializing ControlFile->backupStartPoint if the server
is doing crash recovery and backupEndRequired is false. What about the attached
patch?

Regards,

--
Fujii Masao