Re: Strange issues with 9.2 pg_basebackup & replication

От Fujii Masao
Тема Re: Strange issues with 9.2 pg_basebackup & replication
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On Mon, May 14, 2012 at 4:04 AM, Josh Berkus <josh@agliodbs.com> wrote:
> Doing some beta testing, managed to produce this issue using the daily
> snapshot from Tuesday:
>
> 1. Created master server, loaded it with a couple dummy databases.
>
> 2. Created standby server.
>
> 3. Did pg_basebackup -x stream on standby server
>
> 4. Started standby server.
>
> 5. Realized I'd forgotten to create a recovery.conf.  Shut down the
> standby server, wrote a recovery.conf, and restarted it.

Before restarting it, you need to do pg_basebackup and make a base backup
onto the standby again. Since you started the standby without recovery.conf,
a series of WAL in the standby has gotten inconsistent with that in the master.
So you need a fresh backup to restart the standby.

Regards,

--
Fujii Masao

Сообщение: Re: Strange issues with 9.2 pg_basebackup & replication
Сообщение: Re: Strange issues with 9.2 pg_basebackup & replication