Re: [COMMITTERS] pgsql: Adjust total size in pg_basebackup progress report when reality

От Fujii Masao
Тема Re: [COMMITTERS] pgsql: Adjust total size in pg_basebackup progress report when reality
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On Wed, Aug 17, 2011 at 12:00 AM, Magnus Hagander <magnus@hagander.net> wrote:
> Adjust total size in pg_basebackup progress report when reality changes
>
> When streaming including WAL, the size estimate will always be incorrect,
> since we don't know how much WAL is included. To make sure the output doesn't
> look completely unreasonable, this patch increases the total size whenever we
> go past the estimate, to make sure we never go above 100%.

http://developer.postgresql.org/pgdocs/postgres/app-pgbasebackup.html
----------------
Enables progress reporting. Turning this on will deliver an approximate progress
report during the backup. Since the database may change during the backup,
this is only an approximation and may not end at exactly 100%. In particular,
when WAL log is included in the backup, the total amount of data cannot be
estimated in advance, and in this case the progress report will only count
towards the total amount of data without WAL.

ISTM that the last sentence needs to be changed slightly because this commit
changed the total amount so that it contains the amount of WAL.

Regards,

--
Fujii Masao
NTT Open Source Software Center