Re: Enforcing that all WAL has been replayed after restoring from backup

От Fujii Masao
Тема Re: Enforcing that all WAL has been replayed after restoring from backup
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On Wed, Aug 17, 2011 at 5:49 PM, Heikki Linnakangas
> Hmm, this behaves slightly differently, if you first try to start the
> restored server without recovery.conf, stop recovery, and restart it after
> adding recovery.conf. But I guess that's not a big deal, the check is simply
> skipped in that case, which is what always happens without this patch
> anyway.

Oh, I forgot to consider that case. Yeah, I agree with you.

> Committed this to 9.1,

Thanks a lot!

> but kept master as it was.

So, in master, we should change pg_controldata.c and pg_resetxlog.c for
new pg_control field "backupEndRequired"?

> (sorry for the delay, I wanted to fix the bogus comment as soon as I saw it,
> but needed some time to ponder the rest of the patch)

NM. Thanks!

Regards,

--
Fujii Masao