Re: [HACKERS] Creating backup history files for backups taken from standbys

От Fujii Masao
Тема Re: [HACKERS] Creating backup history files for backups taken from standbys
Дата
Re: [HACKERS] Creating backup history files for backups taken fromstandbys  (Michael Paquier <michael@paquier.xyz>)
Список pgsql-hackers
On Fri, Feb 2, 2018 at 2:06 PM, Michael Paquier
<michael.paquier@gmail.com> wrote:
> On Fri, Feb 02, 2018 at 12:47:26AM +0900, Fujii Masao wrote:
>> The patch basically looks good to me. Here are some small comments.
>>
>>    <para>
>>       The backup history file is not created in the database cluster backed up.
>>    </para>
>>
>> The above should be deleted in pg_basebackup.sgml.
>>
>>     * During recovery, since we don't use the end-of-backup WAL
>>     * record and don't write the backup history file, the
>>
>> This comment needs to be updated in xlog.c.
>
> Thanks Fujii-san for the review.  Indeed those portions need a refresh..

Thanks for updating the patch!

+ * write a backup history file with the same name.

So more than one backup history files with the same name
but the diffferent content can be created and archived.
Isn't this problematic because the backup history file that
users want to use later might be overwritten unexpectedly?

Regards,

--
Fujii Masao