Re: alter user set local_preload_libraries.

От Fujii Masao
Тема Re: alter user set local_preload_libraries.
Дата
Re: alter user set local_preload_libraries.
Список pgsql-hackers
On Mon, Sep 15, 2014 at 1:33 AM, Tom Lane <tgl@sss.pgh.pa.us> wrote:
>> On 9/1/14 7:51 AM, Kyotaro HORIGUCHI wrote:
>>> The attached patch simply changes the context for local_... to
>>> PGC_USERSET and edits the doc.
>
>> I had this ready to commit, but then
>
>>     Invent PGC_SU_BACKEND and mark log_connections/log_disconnections
>> that way.
>
>> was committed in the meantime.
>
>> Does this affect what we should do with this change?
>
>> I guess one thing to look into would be whether we could leave
>> local_preload_libraries as PGC_BACKEND and change
>> session_preload_libraries to PGC_SU_BACKEND, and then investigate
>> whether we could allow settings made with ALTER ROLE / SET to change
>> PGC_BACKEND settings.
>
> Yeah, I was wondering about that while I was making the other commit.
> I did not touch those variables at the time, but it would make sense
> to restrict them as you suggest.

+1

Also I think that it's useful to allow ALTER ROLE/DATABASE SET to
set PGC_BACKEND and PGC_SU_BACKEND parameters. So, what
about applying the attached patch? This patch allows that and
changes the context of session_preload_libraries to PGC_SU_BACKEND.

Regards,

--
Fujii Masao

Вложения