Re: Waits monitoring

От Fujii Masao
Тема Re: Waits monitoring
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On Thu, Jul 9, 2015 at 2:12 PM, Haribabu Kommi <kommi.haribabu@gmail.com> wrote:
> On Thu, Jul 9, 2015 at 1:52 AM, Ildus Kurbangaliev
> <i.kurbangaliev@postgrespro.ru> wrote:
>> Hello.
>>
>> Currently, PostgreSQL offers many metrics for monitoring. However, detailed
>> monitoring of waits is still not supported yet. Such monitoring would
>> let dba know how long backend waited for particular event and therefore
>> identify
>> bottlenecks. This functionality is very useful, especially for highload
>> databases. Metric for waits monitoring are provided by many popular
>> commercial
>> DBMS. We currently have requests of this feature from companies migrating to
>> PostgreSQL from commercial DBMS. Thus, I think it would be nice for
>> PostgreSQL
>> to have it too.
>
> Yes, It is good have such wait monitoring views in PostgreSQL.
> you can add this patch to the open commitfest.

Robert and Amit proposed very similar idea and its patch is now being
reviewed in the current CommitFest. So I think that you should attend
that discussion rather than starting new one.

http://www.postgresql.org/message-id/CA+TgmoYd3GTz2_mJfUHF+RPe-bCy75ytJeKVv9x-o+SonCGApw@mail.gmail.com

Regards,

--
Fujii Masao