table partitioning and access privileges

От Fujii Masao
Тема table partitioning and access privileges
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
Hi,

My customer reported me that the queries through a partitioned table
ignore each partition's SELECT, INSERT, UPDATE, and DELETE privileges,
on the other hand, only TRUNCATE privilege specified for each partition
is applied. I'm not sure if this behavior is expected or not. But anyway
is it better to document that? For example,

    Access privileges may be defined and removed separately for each partition.
    But note that queries through a partitioned table ignore each partition's
    SELECT, INSERT, UPDATE and DELETE privileges, and apply only TRUNCATE one.

Regards,

--
Fujii Masao