Re: Online base backup from the hot-standby

От Fujii Masao
Тема Re: Online base backup from the hot-standby
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
2011/10/13 Jun Ishiduka <ishizuka.jun@po.ntts.co.jp>:
> I updated to patch corresponded above-comments.

Thanks for updating the patch!

As I suggested in the reply to Simon, I think that the change of FPW
should be WAL-logged separately from that of HS parameters. ISTM
packing them in one WAL record makes XLogReportParameters()
quite confusing. Thought?
    if (!shutdown && XLogStandbyInfoActive())
+    {        LogStandbySnapshot(&checkPoint.oldestActiveXid, &checkPoint.nextXid);
+        XLogReportParameters(REPORT_ON_BACKEND);
+    }

Why doesn't the change of FPW need to be WAL-logged when
shutdown checkpoint is performed? It's helpful to add the comment
explaining why.

Regards,

--
Fujii Masao