Re: Separating bgwriter and checkpointer

От Fujii Masao
Тема Re: Separating bgwriter and checkpointer
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On Tue, Oct 18, 2011 at 10:18 PM, Simon Riggs <simon@2ndquadrant.com> wrote:
> Any reason or objection to committing this patch?

The checkpointer doesn't call pgstat_send_bgwriter(), but it should.
Otherwise, some entries in pg_stat_bgwriter will never be updated.

If we adopt the patch, checkpoint is performed by checkpointer. So
it looks odd that information related to checkpoint exist in
pg_stat_bgwriter. We should move them to new catalog even if
it breaks the compatibility?

Regards,

--
Fujii Masao