Re: New statistics for WAL buffer dirty writes

От Fujii Masao
Тема Re: New statistics for WAL buffer dirty writes
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On Wed, Sep 11, 2013 at 12:43 PM, Satoshi Nagayasu <snaga@uptime.jp> wrote:
> (2013/09/10 22:48), Peter Eisentraut wrote:
>> On 9/10/13 3:37 AM, Satoshi Nagayasu wrote:
>>> Thanks for checking. Revised one attached.
>>
>> Please fix compiler warning:
>>
>> walwriter.c: In function ‘WalWriterMain’:
>> walwriter.c:293:3: warning: implicit declaration of function
>> ‘pgstat_send_walwriter’ [-Wimplicit-function-declaration]
>
> Thanks. Fixed.

The patch looks good to me. I have some comments:

The description of pg_stat_reset_shared() should mention
pg_stat_walwriter in the document.

We should implment something like pg_stat_reset_shared('all') so that
we can easily reset
all cluster-wide statistics counters to zero?

Some background workers may write WAL because WAL buffer is full. So you seem to
need to change those processes so that they also can increase the
xlog_dirty_writes
counter.

Regards,

--