Re: PENDING_LIST_CLEANUP_SIZE - maximum size of GIN pending list Re: HEAD seems to generate larger WAL regarding GIN index

От Fujii Masao
Тема Re: PENDING_LIST_CLEANUP_SIZE - maximum size of GIN pending list Re: HEAD seems to generate larger WAL regarding GIN index
Дата
Ответ на Re: PENDING_LIST_CLEANUP_SIZE - maximum size of GIN pending list Re: HEAD seems to generate larger WAL regarding GIN index  (Etsuro Fujita <fujita.etsuro@lab.ntt.co.jp>)
Список pgsql-hackers
On Wed, Sep 10, 2014 at 5:35 PM, Etsuro Fujita
<fujita.etsuro@lab.ntt.co.jp> wrote:
> (2014/09/10 12:31), Fujii Masao wrote:
>>
>> On Wed, Sep 10, 2014 at 12:15 PM, Etsuro Fujita
>> <fujita.etsuro@lab.ntt.co.jp> wrote:

>>> I took a quick review on the patch.  It looks good to me,
>

>>> but one thing I'm
>>> concerned about is

>>> As you mentioned, I think it's important to consider for the existing
>>> applications, but I'm wondering if it would be a bit confusing users to
>>> have
>>> two parameters,
>>

>> Yep.
>>
>>> PENDING_LIST_CLEANUP_SIZE and work_mem, for this setting.
>>> Wouldn't it be easy-to-use to have only one parameter,
>>> PENDING_LIST_CLEANUP_SIZE?  How about setting PENDING_LIST_CLEANUP_SIZE
>>> work_mem as the default value when running the CREATE INDEX command?
>>

>> That's an idea. But there might be some users who want to change
>> the cleanup size per session like they can do by setting work_mem,
>> and your idea would prevent them from doing that...
>

> Why not use ALTER INDEX ... SET (PENDING_LIST_CLEANUP_SIZE= ...)?  Maybe I'm
> missing something, though.

It takes AccessExclusive lock and has an effect on every sessions
(not only specified session).

Regards,

--
Fujii Masao

Сообщение: Re: LIMIT for UPDATE and DELETE
Сообщение: Re: LIMIT for UPDATE and DELETE