Re: Online base backup from the hot-standby

От Fujii Masao
Тема Re: Online base backup from the hot-standby
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
2011/7/5 Jun Ishiduka <ishizuka.jun@po.ntts.co.jp>:

>> What about using backupStartPoint to check whether this recovery
>> started from the backup or not?
>
> No, postgres can check whether this recovery started from the backup
> or not, but can not check whether standby server or master (got backup
> from).

Oh, right. We cannot distinguish the following two cases just by using
minRecoveryPoint and backupStartPoint.
   * The standby starts from the backup taken from the standby   * The standby starts after it crashes during
recoveringfrom the      backup taken from the master

As you proposed, adding new field which stores the backup end location
taken from minRecoveryPoint, into pg_control sounds good idea.

Regards,

--
Fujii Masao
NTT Open Source Software Center