Re: Adding Unix domain socket path and port to pg_stat_get_wal_senders()

От Euler Taveira
Тема Re: Adding Unix domain socket path and port to pg_stat_get_wal_senders()
Дата
Re: Adding Unix domain socket path and port topg_stat_get_wal_senders()  (Tatsuo Ishii <ishii@sraoss.co.jp>)
Список pgsql-hackers
Em sex, 12 de abr de 2019 às 01:39, Michael Paquier
<michael@paquier.xyz> escreveu:

> On Thu, Apr 11, 2019 at 10:19:01PM -0300, Euler Taveira wrote:
> > application_name. I'm not sure if it solves your complain but Peter
> > committed a patch [1] for v12 that distinguishes replicas in the same
> > host via cluster_name.
>
> Let's be honest, this is just a workaround.

The question is: what is the problem we want to solve? Ishii-san asked
for a socket path. If we have already figured out the replica (via
application_name), use the replica PID to find the socket path. A new
column as suggested by Tom could show the desired info. Is it *really*
useful? I mean, how many setups have master and replica in the same
server? For a socket connection, directory is important and that
information I can get from unix_socket_directories parameter (I've
never seen a setup with multiple socket directories).

--
   Euler Taveira                                   Timbira -
http://www.timbira.com.br/

От: Tatsuo Ishii
Сообщение: Re: Adding Unix domain socket path and port topg_stat_get_wal_senders()
От: "Fred .Flintstone"
Сообщение: Re: PostgreSQL pollutes the file system