Re: Temporal Table Proposal

От Euler Taveira
Тема Re: Temporal Table Proposal
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
Em sex, 22 de fev de 2019 às 18:16, Paul Jungwirth
<pj@illuminatedcomputing.com> escreveu:

> On 2/22/19 11:31 AM, Euler Taveira wrote:
> > Em sex, 22 de fev de 2019 às 15:41, Ibrar Ahmed
> > <ibrar.ahmad@gmail.com> escreveu:
> >>
> >> While working on another PostgreSQL feature, I was thinking that we could use a temporal table in PostgreSQL. Some
existingdatabases offer this. I searched for any discussion on the PostgreSQL mailing list, but could not find any.
Maybemy search wasn’t accurate enough:  if anyone can point me to a discussion, that would be useful.

> > https://www.postgresql.org/message-id/CA%2BrenyUb%2BXHzsrPHHR6ELqguxaUPGhOPyVc7NW%2BkRsRpBZuUFQ%40mail.gmail.com
> >
> > This is the last one. I don't know why it wasn't in the January CF.
>
> Oh that's by me! :-)

Forgot to CC you.

> I didn't put it into the CF because I wanted to get some feedback on
> primary keys before I got too far into foreign keys, but someone
> recently advised me to starting adding to CFs anyway with "WIP" in the
> title, so I'll do that next time.

Get some feedback is one of the CF goals. Even if you have just a WIP,
those CF feedbacks could help you solve/improve some pieces of your
current code.

> Btw my own patch is very modest, and I'd love to see this other much
> more extensive patch get some attention:

https://www.postgresql.org/message-id/flat/CAHO0eLYyvuqwF%3D2FsgDn1xOs_NOrFBu9Xh-Wq%2BaWfFy0y6%3DjWQ%40mail.gmail.com#4f7fbace3a2f2ce85fcc161cc3fdd273

It isn't in the CF 2019-03. If you want it to be reviewed you should add it.

At this point, both patches should target v13.

--
   Euler Taveira                                   Timbira -
http://www.timbira.com.br/

От: Andres Freund
Сообщение: Re: CTE Changes in PostgreSQL 12, can we have a GUC to get oldbehavior
От: Alvaro Herrera
Сообщение: Re: monitoring CREATE INDEX [CONCURRENTLY]