Re: Can we only add values to enums?

От Euler Taveira
Тема Re: Can we only add values to enums?
Дата
Список pgsql-docs
> I need to add a value to an enum, so I found this page, which answered my
> question. However, I found it quite confusing that it only documents adding
> a value. I would expect it to also document how to remove a value from an
> enum? Is this not possible? If not, I consider it a bug. But either way, if
> it is not possible, you should explicitly document it on this page.

If it is not document, this means that it is not supported. It is not
a bug. It is by design. Read the discussion about this feature at [1].
Removing a enum value requires a table rewrite. I'm not sure it is
worth a note.

[1] https://www.postgresql.org/message-id/4C1B95E2.6090508@dunslane.net

--
   Euler Taveira                                   Timbira -
http://www.timbira.com.br/

От: PG Doc comments form
Сообщение: Problems with pg_upgrade under Windows
От: Euler Taveira
Сообщение: Re: Synopsis of SELECT statement: UNION, INTERSECTION, EXCEPT