Re: identity not working with inherited table

От Euler Taveira
Тема Re: identity not working with inherited table
Дата
Re: identity not working with inherited table  (Peter Eisentraut <peter.eisentraut@2ndquadrant.com>)
Список pgsql-bugs
Em dom, 5 de mai de 2019 às 08:16, Francisco Olarte
<folarte@peoplecall.com> escreveu:

> "If a column in the parent table is an identity column, that property
> is not inherited. A column in the child table can be declared identity
> column if desired."

Although, it is documented, it seems inconsistent with sequence
behavior (child table inherits sequences). Since sequences are
inherited I think identity columns (that use implicit sequences)
should be inherited as well. It seems an oversight in the current
implementation, however, I see it as a new feature.

--
   Euler Taveira                                   Timbira -
http://www.timbira.com.br/

От: Euler Taveira
Сообщение: Re: BUG #15791: WalSndCtl->sync_standbys_defined modified too late
От: Daniel Farina
Сообщение: Re: BUG #15745: WAL References Invalid Pages...that eventually resolves