Re: [HACKERS] Logical Replication - test_decoding - unchanged-toast-datum

От Euler Taveira
Тема Re: [HACKERS] Logical Replication - test_decoding - unchanged-toast-datum
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
> 5. On the target, when I do a select * and see that the column with
> character varying() datatype has changed to 'unchanged-toast-datum'.

The column "is_toast" didn't change its value to
"unchanged-toast-datum". It is just a test_decoding convention that
means that the value is stored in a TOAST table and it was not
changed. test_decoding doesn't show TOAST values to avoid performance
problems and to be brief. Try a SELECT in the table and you will see
that the value is already there.

You didn't write an explicit question but I believe it was your doubt,
didn't it?

--   Euler Taveira                                   Timbira -
http://www.timbira.com.br/  PostgreSQL: Consultoria, Desenvolvimento, Suporte 24x7 e Treinamento