Re: vacuum full doubled database size

От Michael Loftis
Тема Re: vacuum full doubled database size
Дата
Список pgsql-general
A vacuum full rebuilds the tables, so yeah if it didn’t successfully complete I would expect a lot of dead data.

On Fri, Mar 13, 2020 at 07:41 Zwettler Markus (OIZ) <Markus.Zwettler@zuerich.ch> wrote:

We did a "vacuum full" on a database which had been interrupted by a network outage.

We found the database size doubled afterwards.

Autovacuum also found a lot of orphaned tables afterwards.

The ophan temp objects went away after a cluster restart while the db size remained doubled.

Any idea?

Postgres 9.6.17

into trouble of all kinds."
-- Samuel Butler