Re: [HACKERS] [BUGS] Replication to Postgres 10 on Windows is broken

От Augustine, Jobin
Тема Re: [HACKERS] [BUGS] Replication to Postgres 10 on Windows is broken
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
Thank you Tom Lane,
This patch fixes the problem.

With this patch, streaming replication started working (replication to Windows)

(Tested for Linux to Windows replication)

-Jobin.

On Mon, Aug 14, 2017 at 2:17 AM, Tom Lane <tgl@sss.pgh.pa.us> wrote:
> On 2017-08-11 18:11:03 +0530, Augustine, Jobin wrote:
>> Appears that patch is not helping.

> That's too bad. Any chance you could install
> https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/sysinternals/downloads/procmon and
> activate monitoring just for that phase? I think it can export to a text
> file...

It strikes me that maybe the misuse of io_flag could be contributing
to this: if the walreceiver process's latch were set, we'd end up calling
PQconnectPoll before the socket had necessarily come ready, which would
produce the described symptom.  That's grasping at straws admittedly,
because I'm not sure why the walreceiver process's latch would be set
at this point; but it seems like we ought to test a version of the patch
that we believe correct before deciding that we still have a problem.

To move things along, here's a corrected patch --- Jobin, please test.

Jobin Augustine
Architect : Production Database Operations

OpenSCG

phone : +91 9989932600