Re: Any plans for a PyPi release?

От Shaheed Haque
Тема Re: Any plans for a PyPi release?
Дата
Список pgadmin-support
Cool, thanks! I'll keep an eye out for it...

On Thu, 8 Aug 2019 at 12:40, Dave Page <dpage@pgadmin.org> wrote:
Hi

On Thu, Aug 8, 2019 at 12:31 PM Shaheed Haque <shaheedhaque@gmail.com> wrote:
Hi,

I've had a quick look, and while I see the odd reference to PyPi in the archives, I'm not sure if there has ever been discussion of having a PyPi release for pgAdmin.

I am of course aware of the packaging changes w.r.t. psycopg2 and psycopg2-binary in 4.6, but did wonder if that might open the door in that regard?

This is of interest to me because when we deploy, we cannot avoid a dependency of PyPi for lots of stuff. But right now, in addition to that, we also manually maintain a dependency on a handful of packages such as pgAdmin. This in variably means we fall behind on these, and on balance, the minimal extra exposure to Pypi wuld be much preferable. I suspect that there are others in a similar position.

So, any thoughts on making pgAdmin4 available on PyPi??

Yes, but I just never got round to figuring out all the details. It's on my personal TODO list.

--
Dave Page
Blog: http://pgsnake.blogspot.com

The Enterprise PostgreSQL Company