Re: How to send queries to master and failover to slave ?

От Benoit Salotti
Тема Re: How to send queries to master and failover to slave ?
Дата
Список pgsql-jdbc
Hi Mikko,

I agree, everything works as expected but as long as the failover is not done (about 1 minute with our settings, we are using repmgr) we are unable to serve queries... I'd like the system to serve at least the reads in the meantime :)

If the preferMaster feature can be done "easily" at the driver level I take it.

Benoit

Assuming that the old slave will become new master if master ever goes down then the option "master" would do what you want. Right?

But if you do take the master down for maintenance without failing over to slave then yes. A small code change could be done to add support for preferMaster.

-Mikko