Re: dot dot dot dot

От Jean-Louis GUENEGO
Тема Re: dot dot dot dot
Дата
Список pgsql-docs
Hi Jürgen,

ok if you say so. But as "...." may be understood as "../.." with a forgotten slash, I would suggest to choose for instance "<...>" which is best known and understood to be replaced by whatever.

And another thing more general, the tutorial suggest to compile something with "make" the tutorial. I think for people on Windows (they are a lot) who has not the "make" command, this is blocking. And more than that : they just have installed the binary install, and inside it, there is no "tutorial". So they have to git clone the source... which require more dev skill that normally required for a postgresql tuto.

And after that they get a lesser good opinion about what is postgresql (because of poor User experience when learning basic).

I would suggest to deliver directly some sql scripts that don't need compilation.

Kind regards,
Jean-Louis

On Wed, May 13, 2020 at 9:19 PM Jürgen Purtz <juergen@purtz.de> wrote:

> Page: https://www.postgresql.org/docs/12/tutorial-sql-intro.html
>
> .... is wrong.

The four dots are not really a part of the path. Don't use them
literally. They indicate that you should use your local path instead.
This may differ from installation to installation.

Kind regards, Jürgen

--
Jean-Louis GUENEGO
Tel : +33 6 12 19 81 48