Re: BUG #14206: Switch to using POSIX semaphores on FreeBSD

От Maxim Sobolev
Тема Re: BUG #14206: Switch to using POSIX semaphores on FreeBSD
Дата
Список pgsql-bugs
Konstantin, would it be too much to ask to start running your tests using
unnamed semaphores instead for your performance work? As far as I properly
understand what Tom said, named code was kinda one-off workaround for some
specific ancient version of Darwin not used by any other platform that the
PG cares about, so it might rot and/or get nuked eventually. Therefore, we
might get better chance to get our changes accepted into the PostgreSQL if
we use unnamed option. And they are not using "named" part anyway for
anything functionally important, so unnamed POSIX semaphore is naturally
the best primitive to use. This might also stir some interests among other
OSes to switch to that. Thanks!

-Max