Re: Proposal: Adding json logging

От David Arnold
Тема Re: Proposal: Adding json logging
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
>A slightly larger lift would include escaping newlines and ensuring that JSON output is always single lines, however long.

I think that's necessary, actually I was implicitly assuming that as a prerequisite. I cannot imagine anything else beeing actually useful.

Alternatively, I'm sure logfmt has a well thought-through solution for that :-)

I would suggest that the community consider whether postgres will log multidimensional data. That will weigh into the decision of  json vs. another format quite significantly. I am a fan of the json5 spec (https://json5.org/), though adoption of this is quite poor.

What do you mean by multidimensional data? Arrays/maps?

I think there is no advantage of multidimensional vs prefixed flat logging unless data structure gets really nastily nested.

What case where you thinking of?