Application takes longer time to fetch large no of records from Postgresql 9.0.3

От Deven Thaker
Тема Application takes longer time to fetch large no of records from Postgresql 9.0.3
Дата
Re: Application takes longer time to fetch large no of records from Postgresql 9.0.3  (John R Pierce <pierce@hogranch.com>)
Re: Application takes longer time to fetch large no of records from Postgresql 9.0.3  (Chris Travers <chris.travers@gmail.com>)
Список pgsql-general
Hi,
My application takes longer time (we see time out even) when data to be fetched from Postgresql 9.0.3 is around 1900000 records. I am doing an improvement at application level, but from database side any performance tuning do i need to do?

I have not changed any parameters in postgresql.conf, so using default values.

Any recommendations to improve the performance.

My PC has RAM of 4 GB (Windows 2003 R2 64 BITS)

Regards