Re: Understanding behavior of SELECT with multiple unnested columns

От Misa Simic
Тема Re: Understanding behavior of SELECT with multiple unnested columns
Дата
Список pgsql-general
Hi,

You can try:

SELECT c1, c2 FROM
(
WITH a AS
(
SELECT row_number() OVER(),* FROM unnest(array['a','b', 'c', 'd']) c1
),
b AS
(
SELECT row_number() OVER(),* FROM unnest(array['1','2', '3']) c2
)
SELECT * FROM a LEFT JOIN b USING (row_number)
UNION
SELECT * FROM a RIGHT JOIN b USING (row_number)
ORDER BY row_number
) t

To simplify this you can wrap it in function what accepts two array parameters...

Kind Regards,

Misa