Re: Trying to execute several queries involving temp tables in a PHP script

От Misa Simic
Тема Re: Trying to execute several queries involving temp tables in a PHP script
Дата
Список pgsql-general
I agree with approach to have all in functions... In that case there would not be a problem with temp tables because of inside 1 transaction they would work...

suggestion was just to solve problem from php... what would be achiavable just trough 1 query, or to use PDO and then:

$dbh->beginTransaction();
$dbh->exec(query1);
$dbh->exec(query2);
$dbh->exec(query3);
$dbh->commit();

Kind Regards,

Misa

2012/6/13 Leif Biberg Kristensen <leif@solumslekt.org>
 Onsdag 13. juni 2012 15.12.33 skrev Alexander Farber :

> Any ideas please on how to handle this situation
> in PHP scripts, do I really have to encapsulate
> my calls into a pl/PgSQL function?

I believe that Misa Simic's idea that you can do it all in a single query
without temp tables is correct. But anyway, it's always a good idea to
encapsulate multiple interdependent queries in a single pl/pgsql function. I
tend to keep my PHP code as simple as possible, and do most of the work inside
the database.

regards, Leif
http://code.google.com/p/yggdrasil-genealogy/