Re: Question: Is it possible to get the new xlog position after query execution?

От Oleg Serov
Тема Re: Question: Is it possible to get the new xlog position after query execution?
Дата
Список pgsql-general

On Mon, Nov 8, 2021 at 2:14 PM Christophe Pettus <xof@thebuild.com> wrote:

> On Nov 8, 2021, at 10:03, Oleg Serov <oleg@slapdash.com> wrote:
> That does not seem to be feasible for our application. Using synchronous commit affects performance and really makes replication not really useful... What we want to achieve is to have a consistent DB state across all connections for master and replica per user. If other users see something outdated, is OK.

Synchronous commit can be turned on and off per-user:

        ALTER ROLE <role> SET synchronous_commit = 'on';

That way, the users that require it have it, but other users do not.
I'm sorry, when I mean users, I mean application end-user (e.g. john@doe.com), not the postgres role.