Re: Reducing the runtime of the core regression tests

От Peter Geoghegan
Тема Re: Reducing the runtime of the core regression tests
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On Thu, Apr 11, 2019 at 11:00 AM Alvaro Herrera
<alvherre@2ndquadrant.com> wrote:
> ./configure --enable-depend --enable-coverage --enable-tap-tests --enable-nls --with-python --with-perl --with-tcl
--with-openssl--with-libxml --with-ldap --with-pam >> $LOG 2>&1

> make -j4 >> $LOG 2>&1
> make -j4 -C contrib >> $LOG 2>&1
> make check-world PG_TEST_EXTRA="ssl ldap" >> $LOG 2>&1
> make coverage-html >> $LOG 2>&1
>
> There are no environment variables that would affect it.

Could we add "CFLAGS=-O0"? This should prevent the kind of
machine-wise line-counting described here:

https://gcc.gnu.org/onlinedocs/gcc/Gcov-and-Optimization.html#Gcov-and-Optimization

I think that it makes sense to prioritize making it clear which exact
lines were executed in terms of the semantics of C. I might prefer to
have optimizations enabled if I was optimizing my code, but that's not
what the web resource is for, really.

Thanks
--
Peter Geoghegan

От: Daniel Gustafsson
Сообщение: Re: Enable data checksums by default
От: Andres Freund
Сообщение: Re: Enable data checksums by default