Re: Optimizing nbtree ScalarArrayOp execution, allowing multi-column ordered scans, skip scan

От Peter Geoghegan
Тема Re: Optimizing nbtree ScalarArrayOp execution, allowing multi-column ordered scans, skip scan
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On Thu, Apr 18, 2024 at 2:13 AM Donghang Lin <donghanglin@gmail.com> wrote:
> It's triggered when a scankey's strategy is set to invalid. While for a descending ordered column,
> the strategy needs to get fixed to its commute strategy. That doesn't work if the strategy is invalid.

The problem is that _bt_fix_scankey_strategy shouldn't have been doing
anything with already-eliminated array scan keys in the first place
(whether or not they're on a DESC index column). I just pushed a fix
along those lines.

Thanks for the report!

--
Peter Geoghegan