Re: [HACKERS] Avoiding OOM in a hash join with many duplicate inner keys

От Peter Geoghegan
Тема Re: [HACKERS] Avoiding OOM in a hash join with many duplicate inner keys
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On Thu, Feb 16, 2017 at 11:11 AM, Robert Haas <robertmhaas@gmail.com> wrote:
> I do think that's worrying, but on the other hand it seems like this
> solution could disable many hash joins that would actually be fine.  I
> don't think the largest ndistinct estimates we ever generate are very
> large, and therefore this seems highly prone to worry even when
> worrying isn't really justified.

+1. ndistinct has a general tendency to be wrong, owing to how ANALYZE
works, which we see problems with from time to time.

--
Peter Geoghegan

Сообщение: Re: [HACKERS] Avoiding OOM in a hash join with many duplicate inner keys
Сообщение: Re: [HACKERS] Avoiding OOM in a hash join with many duplicate inner keys