Re: Reducing the runtime of the core regression tests

От Peter Geoghegan
Тема Re: Reducing the runtime of the core regression tests
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On Fri, Apr 12, 2019 at 10:49 AM Peter Geoghegan <pg@bowt.ie> wrote:
> It's definitely generally recommended that "-O0" be used, so I think
> that we can agree that that was an improvement, even if it doesn't fix
> the remaining problem that I noticed when I rechecked nbtutils.c.

I'm not sure that we can really assume that "-O0" avoids the behavior
I pointed out. Perhaps this counts as "semantic flattening" or
something, rather than an optimization. I could have easily written
the code in _bt_keep_natts_fast() in the way gcov/gcc/whatever thinks
I ought to have, which would have obscured the distinction anyway.

--
Peter Geoghegan