Re: [HACKERS] Index corruption with CREATE INDEX CONCURRENTLY

От Peter Geoghegan
Тема Re: [HACKERS] Index corruption with CREATE INDEX CONCURRENTLY
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On Sun, Feb 5, 2017 at 4:57 PM, Tomas Vondra
<tomas.vondra@2ndquadrant.com> wrote:
> OTOH I disagree with the notion that bugs that are not driven by user
> reports are somehow less severe. Some data corruption bugs cause quite
> visible breakage - segfaults, immediate crashes, etc. Those are pretty clear
> bugs, and are reported by users.

I meant that I find the fact that there were no user reports in all
these years to be a good reason to not proceed for now in this
instance.

I wrote amcheck to detect the latter variety of bug, so clearly I
think that they are very serious.

--
Peter Geoghegan