Re: Making all nbtree entries unique by having heap TIDs participatein comparisons

От Peter Geoghegan
Тема Re: Making all nbtree entries unique by having heap TIDs participatein comparisons
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On Sat, Mar 16, 2019 at 1:05 PM Heikki Linnakangas <hlinnaka@iki.fi> wrote:
> > Actually, how about "rootsearch", or "rootdescend"? You're supposed to
> > hyphenate "re-find", and so it doesn't really work as a function
> > argument name.
>
> Works for me.

Attached is v18 of patch series, which calls the new verification
option "rootdescend" verification.

As previously stated, I intend to commit the first 4 patches (up to
and including this amcheck "rootdescend" patch) during the workday
tomorrow, Pacific time.

Other changes:

* Further consolidation of the nbtree.h comments from second patch, so
that the on-disk representation overview that you requested a while
back has all the details. A couple of these were moved from macro
comments also in nbtree.h, and were missed earlier.

* Tweaks to comments on _bt_binsrch_insert() and its callers.
Streamlined to reflect the fact that it doesn't need to talk so much
about cases that only apply to internal pages. Explicitly stated
requirements for caller.

* Made _bt_binsrch_insert() set InvalidOffsetNumber for bounds in case
were valid bounds cannot be established initially. This seemed like a
good idea.

* A few more defensive assertion were added to nbtinsert.c (also
related to _bt_binsrch_insert()).

Thanks
--
Peter Geoghegan