Re: could not read block 0 in file : read only 0 of 8192 bytes whendoing nasty on immutable index function

От Peter Geoghegan
Тема Re: could not read block 0 in file : read only 0 of 8192 bytes whendoing nasty on immutable index function
Дата
Re: could not read block 0 in file : read only 0 of 8192 bytes whendoing nasty on immutable index function  (Andres Freund <andres@anarazel.de>)
Список pgsql-bugs
On Mon, Jul 9, 2018 at 11:32 AM, Andres Freund <andres@anarazel.de> wrote:
>> Note that there is a kludge within plan_create_index_workers() that
>> has us treat the heap relation as an inheritance parent, just to get a
>> RelOptInfo for the heap relation without running into similar trouble
>> with the index in get_relation_info(). Perhaps there's an argument to
>> be made for refactoring plan_create_index_workers() as a fix for this.
>
> Maybe I'm missing something, but what has this got to do with the issue
> at hand?

Nothing. It might be worthwhile to find a way to not do that as part
of fixing this issue, though. Just a suggestion.

> I assume we'll have to backpatch this issue, so I think it'd probably a
> good idea to put a specific CacheInvalidateHeapTuple() in there
> explicitly in the back branches, and do the larger fix in 12. ISTM
> there's some risks that it'd cause issues.  Will you tackle this?

Okay.

--
Peter Geoghegan