Re: New vacuum option to do only freezing

От Peter Geoghegan
Тема Re: New vacuum option to do only freezing
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On Tue, Jun 18, 2019 at 10:39 PM Michael Paquier <michael@paquier.xyz> wrote:
> +INSERT INTO no_index_cleanup(i, t) VALUES(1, repeat('1234567890',30000));
> Do we really need a string as long as that?

Specifying EXTERNAL storage might make things easier. I have used
PLAIN storage to test the 1/3 of a page restriction within nbtree, and
to test a bug in amcheck that was related to TOAST compression.

> It seems to me that we'd want tests to make sure that indexes are
> actually cleaned up, where pageinspect could prove to be useful.

That definitely seems preferable, but it'll be a bit tricky to do it
in a way that doesn't run into buildfarm issues due to alignment. I
suggest an index on a text column to avoid problems.

--
Peter Geoghegan