Re: BUG #17255: Server crashes in index_delete_sort_cmp() due to race condition with vacuum

От Peter Geoghegan
Тема Re: BUG #17255: Server crashes in index_delete_sort_cmp() due to race condition with vacuum
Дата
Список pgsql-bugs
On Sat, Oct 30, 2021 at 2:39 PM Andres Freund <andres@anarazel.de> wrote:
> The crash is somewhere in pg_class, which is also manually VACUUMed by the
> test, which could trigger the issue we found in the other thread. The likely
> reason the loop in the repro is needed is that that'll push one of the indexes
> on pg_class over the 512kb/min_parallel_index_scan_size boundary to start
> using paralell vacuum.

Quite possible, but I can't rule out the possibility that it's
actually this other bug, since as you say this is pg_class, a system
catalog index:

https://www.postgresql.org/message-id/CAH2-WzkjjCoq5Y4LeeHJcjYJVxGm3M3SAWZ0%3D6J8K1FPSC9K0w%40mail.gmail.com

I am in too much of a hurry right now to spend the 5 minutes it would
take to confirm either way. (Even if it's not this other bug, I needed
to remind you of its existence anyway.)

--
Peter Geoghegan