Re: run pgindent on a regular basis / scripted manner

От Peter Geoghegan
Тема Re: run pgindent on a regular basis / scripted manner
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On Sat, Jan 21, 2023 at 3:39 PM Jelte Fennema <postgres@jeltef.nl> wrote:
> I was unable to get either of them to produce the weird alignment of
> declarations that pgindent outputs. Maybe that's just because I don't
> understand what this alignment is supposed to do. Because to me the
> current alignment seems completely random most of the time (and like
> Andres said also not very unhelpful). For clang-format you should use
> at least clang-format 15, otherwise it has some bugs in the alignment
> logic.

Really? I have been using 14, which is quite recent. Did you just
figure this out recently? If this is true, then it's certainly
discouraging.

I don't have a problem with the current pgindent alignment of function
parameters, so not sure what you mean about that. It *was* terrible
prior to commit e3860ffa, but that was back in 2017 (pg_bsd_indent 2.0
fixed that problem).

--
Peter Geoghegan