Re: BUG #16833: postgresql 13.1 process crash every hour

От Peter Geoghegan
Тема Re: BUG #16833: postgresql 13.1 process crash every hour
Дата
Список pgsql-bugs
On Mon, May 17, 2021 at 2:30 AM Alex F <phoedos16@gmail.com> wrote:
> Is it possible to extend the error log which can help to understand what exactly went wrong?
> For example, if error log look like this:
> 2021-05-14 06:10:54 UTC [22258]: user=,db=,app=,client= LOG:  server process (PID 22273) was terminated by signal 11:
Segmentationfault

> 2021-05-14 06:10:54 UTC [22258]: user=,db=,app=,client= DETAIL:  Failed process was running: REFRESH MATERIALIZED
VIEWCONCURRENTLY project.product_master_mv

>  ***CAUSED BY violated for index "name_original_idx_s"***
> e.g. trace marked with *** symbols can really help user to understand issue root cause and significantly decrease
databaserecovery time.

> In my case I had to create a separate VM, create a database from scratch and recover it from pg_dump. Unfortunately
mentionedactions took a significant downtime.

Once the database is corrupt it's more or less impossible to provide
hard guarantees about anything. We can only try our best to avoid the
worst consequences, such as a hard crash. This is guided by practical
experience and feedback from users. While this failure is clearly very
unfriendly, there is no getting around the fact that the real problem
began before there was any crash or error. Perhaps *long* before the
first crash, even.

> In case of master-standby configuration WAL replication does not save standby servers from broken objects (broken
indexin described case).

> Please advice is it possible to use logical replication here? From my understanding logical replication shouldn't
pushbroken objects on standby.

Unfortunately there are no simple answers. There is no reason to
believe that the corruption is limited to the indexes. I'd even say
that it's unlikely to be limited to indexes. What we see from amcheck
looks very much like storage level inconsistencies.

You'll need to do some kind of root cause analysis, so that you can
find the underlying issue and systematically eliminate it.

--
Peter Geoghegan

От: Andres Freund
Сообщение: Re: BUG #17005: Enhancement request: Improve walsender throughput by aggregating multiple messages in one send
От: Rony Kurniawan
Сообщение: Re: [External] : Re: BUG #17005: Enhancement request: Improve walsender throughput by aggregating multiple messages in one send